When kids are giants...

shrinkingman
just a quickie

My bedroom dresser is four feet tall. It towers over me. There's  lamp on top with a switch at its bottom but I'd have to stand on something to reach it. There are probably books and pens on top of the dresser, but I'm too short to even see them.
I head to the bathroom. The doorknob is throat-high and the sink chin-high; I can just about reach the taps with my short arms. The medicine chest is well above my head. Fortunately the toilet is kind of low so I can reach that. Into the kitchen next where my head is level with the counters and stove, the table is at shoulder level, and the cupboards seem ten feet up (really about five feet) and the refrigerator, same thing...5 feet high, much taller than me.

Am I a very young boy? No, I'm 58 years old. Am I a dwarf or midget? No, I have been 5 foot 10 my whole adult life but I wanted to shrink down to half my size (and one eighth my weight) just to be small...again.
Now at 35 inches tall and 32 pounds (formerly 260), I am the result of an experiment in shrinking put out by some scientists. They're pretty sure they can restore my height later. I'm on a bit of a vacation right now.

Inspired by a video I saw on youtube, I found I could have special pedals put on my car so I can drive.
My voice is high pitched. I shaved so I could pass for a child if need be. The scientists told me the body proportions of adults and children are different. What a 2 or 3 year old could wear might not necessarily fit me. My legs are longer in proportion and my head is smaller.

We took measurements after I shrank. (The process, by the way, was similar to using insulin. They gave me a pen device filled with the formula. I put on a needle, swabbed with an alcohol wipe, and injected. The whole thing took a few minutes. Anyway, my feet are now five inches long and two inches wide.
It's 11 inches up to my kneecap and a total of 18 inches to my waist. My hands, maybe 3 and a half inches long, two inches wide.

Things are a bit heavier of course--doors in my apartment, the car's doors, and so on. My food portions are tiny. Each room of my apartment has light switches I need to access with sticks, and the ceilings seem way up.
I realize I live alone and my small size could be a danger.

After I did the process, I went for a walk. Adults, no surprise, towered over me--and I figured they may think I'm a proportional dwarf or possibly just a young kid (but, by himself?) Kids, of course, are giants.
Most of them. Some elementary schoolers, maybe 9 to 11 years old, find that I barely come up to their chests. My own 11 year old nephew is 4 foot 8 and about 85 pounds, but to me that's more like 9 foot 4 and almost 700 pounds.

Should I saw who I am, that I shrank, or pretend to be a very small kid?
I walked over to my nephew's house a few blocks away. We went for a walk. He could easily lift me up.
Here I am over 5 times his age but he's much bigger and his voice seems deeper than mine. The funny thing is he's a lot closer to being able to drive, size wise, but much too young. With the raised pedals, I can.

So anyway, we're on the walk and he meets up with some of his classmates. Some of the ones in his grade are now 12 years old and one boy in particular was maybe an inch or two over 5 feet tall.
His waist came up to my nose. The boy's T shirt could engulf me if I wore it. Short pants way too big. The over the calf white stockings and sneakers were boy sized but way too big on me, if I'd try them on.

And he weighed a good 20 pounds more than my nephew.

"Look who Brad has, a little brother? Or a midget?"

"He's with me and he's--"

"Hey! He looks more like your uncle than a brother or something. Didn't i meet your uncle Bob once,
at the little league game? Hey wait...this has to be..."

"I got shrinking disease and you could catch it too," I piped up in my squeaky voice.

"That's B.S.!," said the boy, whose name was Harry. "Lookit how small he is--"

Harry reached under my arms and picked me up easily. He threw me away several feet. I landed on my butt and my wallet popped out of my shorts. Yes, I still had it. He reached over for it, his hands quite a bit bigger than my puny ones.
Harry stuffed the wallet into his own shorts pocket.

Cash, credit cards, extra key to my apartment...

I was being bullied because of my size. Emotions started to get to me. I felt like little Nick Wilde, bullied by his fellow cubs in the Junior Rangers program in the movie Zootopia. Was I going to sit on a street corner and cry? "Give me that!," I demanded and again, despite trying to deepen my voice, it was no surprise that I sounded like a very young boy--or someone whose voice was sped up. I was a 35 inch tall little cartoon character of a man.

My nephew Brad came to my rescue, tackling Harry and holding him down. 85 pounds versus 105 pounds--either boy was still a lot heavier than my 32. Despite Harry's height and weight advantage,
Harry was having a tough time because Brad was determined to win the struggle.

Then Harry got a burst of energy and threw Brad aside. I was trying to get up but Harry grabbed one of my arms with his own bigger appendage and he pulled me down to the ground. His right foot came down upon my chest and he held me down with it. My puny hands tried to pry the sneakered foot off my chest.

"Come on, what's going on here?," came an adult voice. It must have been some guy from the neighborhood. "Playing around is one thing but you're hurting him..."

He pulled Harry off me and held the boy back. My emotions were running high and I felt tears coming on. Fear. Embarassment. Anger. Anger that I was too weak to fight back.

The man asked if I was okay and I said, "I think so." He was bigger than the two boys combined of course. "Thank you, sir...er, I'm actually his uncle," I added, pointing at Brad. "I'm just...small. And he has my wallet."

The wallet with a driver's license saying I'm 5 foot 10...

The man demanded Harry give it back. Somehow the man could sense I was an adult. "I...I used to be your size. I'm part of an experiment..."

"You want to get smaller?"

"Yes, yes, I was 5 foot 10 but I wanted to be this size. For now."

Harry lunged at me and punched me in the shoulder. I fell back with a thud (not that being so small would produce much of a thud.)
The man grabbed Harry and said, "Enough!"

Being small would be fun again, I'd thought...

Re: When kids are giants...

Great story shrinkingman!  Poor small man being humiliated by a normal sized boy

Re: When kids are giants...

shrinkingman
Thanks! You could imagine being an adult only 3 feet tall. You're standing and an 11 year old boy is sitting--he's still
taller than you as you look up at him.Then he stands up and you feel even smaller.

Re: When kids are giants...

That'd be an awesome experience!

Re: When kids are giants...

shrinkingman
By the way this was inspired by a story called Jealous of His
Own Child by Madrigal16 on the GiantessWorld site. 5
chapters were written but then no more since Dec. Man's
wife and 5 yr daughter goes off for a week as he tries a formula
that will shrink him to just smaller than his daughter.It goes
through his first day but then stops. (Adult story as it
involves things like masturbation at one point.) After setting
up the premise of 'what would be their reaction when they
get back and see him?' the story suddenly ends.

Re: When kids are giants...

We didn't know that. It was great you adapted it for giant boys