Stolen Holidays

Glkthread
Stolen Holidays is a Russian children's fantasy book about a boy who meets Tom Thumb and helps him on his quest.

Re: Stolen Holidays

Wow!  Amazing way to start this 2021!

Excellent find! Thank you for the information! We'll add it soon!

P.S. If you have the full book, please share it to us by Mega

Re: Stolen Holidays

Glkthread

Re: Stolen Holidays

So Awesome!!

Thank you so much for sharing it! We'll add it soon!

Re: Stolen Holidays

Glkthread
There is another book by the same author with GT content, but it's only tangentially relevant to our topic. I don't have the full book, only a couple illustrations. The book is called Geshka the Pet, it is about a boy who is rather careless in taking care of his small pets, and one day their positions get reversed. The boy ends up in a cage, and giant anthropomorphic animals start playing with him. The two giant mice are implied to be kids - brother and sister - but that is not clear.

Re: Stolen Holidays

shrinkingman
Interested in  both stories...second one intriguing given premise

Re: Stolen Holidays

As long as they're boys, we can add it.

We'll do it soon! Thank you for the information!

Re: Stolen Holidays

shrinkingman
As I said I would be interested in seeing more of these including the second one. I actually used a feature with the Google Lens on my phone. It scanned the pic of the second book and got related links--two youtube videos...though all it was happened to be the front cover of the book and an audio narration of it, in Russian.There also were pages where one could order the book, maybe, though...all in Russian

the video --screenshot(again this is the only pic on it)
http://shrinking.freehostia.com/Pic/russianbook.png

Re: Stolen Holidays

shrinkingman
This post was updated on .

Re: Stolen Holidays

Interesting! Thank you for the links!

Re: Stolen Holidays

shrinkingman
having trouble making that vid link work.

Re: Stolen Holidays

Yes, we couldn't see it

Re: Stolen Holidays

Glkthread
Yep, that's the demo of the audiobook, and its cover. I got and listened to the full audiobook, since the print version was unavailable.

The GT content is in the second half of the story, covering several days of the boy's torment at the hands (paws?) of the giant anthropomorphic animals he abused earlier — two mice, a parrot, a lizard and a hedgehog (very briefly mentioned). Two mice are indeed implied to be kids, based on their behavior. There's good attention to detail in describing the size difference and the interaction — which is mostly mice playing rather carelessly with their small "pet". Then there's the redemption arc, and finally the boy returns to normal size, vowing never to hurt his pets ever again.

Re: Stolen Holidays

Interesting story

Thank you for giving us a review of the book!