Paul Bunyan

bobisagoat
This post was updated on .
Any thoughts on any media related to the American folk hero Paul Bunyan?

This short by Walt Disney, for example shows many scenes detailing Paul's life.

I think you would especially like the scene with Paul as a baby, and child Paul at school and at the swimming hole.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoG94ieN828

Thanks!

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

Great find!  And you're right the baby and boy parts are enough for adding to the Library!

Thank you so much for the information!

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

bobisagoat
This post was updated on .
I wonder if there are other books or movies about Paul Bunyan for that library?

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

We don't know, but if they'd include the baby and boy parts, it'd be interesting to know them!

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

shrinkingman
https://youtu.be/qMYJjMFUdDw
Bunyan and Babe from 2017 with voice of
John Goodman. May not show Paul as a young giant
but he does befriend a young boy. Have only
seen this trailer though.
I remember the Disney short and way back in
the 1970s as a kid there was some kind of
cartoon storybook based on it.
There may have been a Simpsons episode
where Homer was Paul Bunyan and it's
possible Bart, etc was in it too but not as a
giant.

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

shrinkingman
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Tall_Tales

Description of Simpsons Tall Tales, the
Simpsons episode where Homer is
Paul Bunyan.

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

shrinkingman

A Disney record album with Paul Bunyan.
Thurl Ravenscroft is also known for voicing
Tony the Tiger in Frosted Flakes commercials
and singing You're a Mean One Mr Grinch
in the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas
TV special.

Re: Thoughts on Paul Bunyan

We already watched that movie, unfortunately no giant boys in it, neither in the Simpsons episode. It's a pity Bart wasn't giant.

Thank you anyway for the information!