If my Height Extends [もしもぼくのせいがのびたら]

bobisagoat
This post was updated on .
This picture book by Kayako Nishimaki was published two times, once in 1980 and again in 2010. It is about a boy named Taro, who after hearing his father talking about him growing too fast, imagines himself growing into a giant.

In the original 1980 version, his limbs seem to stretch disproportionately as he grows in height:

In the 2010 version, he appears more well-proportioned as he becomes a giant:

links: https://www.ehonnavi.net/ehon/39896/%E3%82%82%E3%81%97%E3%82%82%E3%81%BC%E3%81%8F%E3%81%AE%E3%81%9B%E3%81%84%E3%81%8C%E3%81%AE%E3%81%B3%E3%81%9F%E3%82%89/
https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m69630302845/?_s=U2FsdGVkX1-58grKeYo3Or5XJJGz-RLiu1_nJKU_HKv229idWnwlEL1yrFkRGknkIW9-RKGrDwczFKJwZskRTN-2YwW5x3etGXqI91oxCmyVg-f_Edk5XsSW4EO-OFMP
https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/6822715/

Re: If my Height Extends [もしもぼくのせいがのびたら]

Awesome find!

We'll add it soon! Thank you for the information!