Giant boy sculptures

bobisagoat
This post was updated on .
I think it would okay to bring up this cool piece of artwork installed last year:
https://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/news/2019/06/boy-walking-arrives-in-potters-park/

I could find more examples of giant boy statues if you want!

Re: Giant walking boy statue in Auckland

Awesome!  Yes, please. We'd like to see more giant boys statues.

Thank you for the link!

Re: Giant boy sculptures

bobisagoat
This post was updated on .
Here are other notable giant statues I found interesting.

Boy by artist Ron Mueck is perhaps the most famous of these sculptures and is currently housed at the ARoS Aarhus Kunstmuseum in Denmark.
It measures up to 4.5 meters in height and weighs a total of 500 kg.

Another statue, named Eddie, lives at the EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC.
This 40-foot tall ten-year-old is also hollow, allowing kids to explore its internal organs and learn about the human body.

Lastly, Son of the Earth is a sculpture of a really BIG baby, resting within the deserts of Gansu Province, near the city of Dunhuang, China.
Designed by Tsinghua University professor Dong Shubing, the sculpture is 15 meters long, 9 meters wide, and 4.8 meters high.

More pictures here and here.

That's all I've got for now.

Re: Giant boy sculptures

Simply Amazing!