Friendly Young Giants

1234

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
Yet another giant boy providing a playground for his little friends. Here they're playing Hide And Seek. Fortunately his clothes are loose, so there's lots of places to hide in!

Hide and Seek

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Great drawing!!

I guess this young fellow is friendly. Just a quick sketch that I decided to add some color to. It's okay, but I might re-do it better. This boy is over the 'L' in Chicago.
Over the L

Sometimes it's not easy to accommodate your son's friends -- especially if one of them is bigger than average!
pool party

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
A boy invites his giant friend over to watch cartoons. To make sure his big buddy can see them, he leaves his bedroom window open and positions the set so it can be seen.
(Just a simple mouse drawing.)
Watching TV

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
How many of us wished we'd had a twenty-foot boyfriend to deal with bullies? (Or ven just imagined a twenty-foot friend? Six meters for our metric viewers!))
- - - - -
Just a quick little sketch done with ballpoint pen. I found out that many call this month "Inktober" to encourage drawing in that medium. I didn't find out until the month was well underway, and I doubted I could do much to catch up. Well, maybe, but I am juggling other stuff, too. Anyway, Inktober participants usually follow a given set of 31 subjects to draw, and I fear that puts to much strain on my limited imagination.
bullies
- - - - -
I wonder what Mason's friend has in mind?

An older drawing, but who wouldn't enjoy a visit from two such handsome young fellows?
visiting

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
A giant boy gives his friends a place to watch fireworks.
fireworks

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

WOW!! A real Artwork! Excellent job Philby!

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
Billy loves his little pet. The pet probably could do with less kissing, though.
Kissies

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Lucky boy!  Great pic!

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- Keeping Little Friends Safe

Philby
A giant can be a great friend, because when you're with him, you don't need to be afraid of anything -- and he can take care of anything that might be dangerous. Jimmy the Giant saves his friends from a famous menace!
Jimmy versus It

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- Keeping Little Friends Safe

Awesome pic!

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- Keeping Little Friends Safe

Ivor1
Yea,  ding dong, the clown is down.   let him come up and meet the Mega boys heel.

Just Awesome

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Ivor1
reminds me of Cory and Yelid doing the cross country, in my Mega Boys from Outer Space story (see links). with one minor alteration.

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
If you're daring enough to try a high jump into the lake, Kevin, the friendly teen giant, will be happy to give you a chance from his hand.

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Cool pic!

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
Most of us have read under the covers with a flashlight, secure in the knowledge that the folks would never know we were foregoing precious sleep to catch up on the latest issue of Superman or Thor or whoever it was we were following. And we were usually caught at it.
I don't know if it would be more fun under the covers with your tiny friend or a giant one, but these two seem wrapped up in the comic.
Ink sketch over a pencil sketch, and grays added after scanning.
under cover

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Cool!
1234