Friendly Young Giants

1234

Friendly Young Giants

Philby
I also draw nice giants. I do draw giant boys who like to wreck the little people's stuff, and other giant boys who look on us a little snacks; but when I was a kid I also imagined having a giant friend to play with. like some of these guys --
Meet my new friend

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
I guess it'd be nice to be a giant's pet,
New pet

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Awesome art! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing them in GBZ!

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
A giant boy reassures a little girl that she has nothing to fear from him.
Don't be scared

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
A giant boy plays with his little friends. (This picture begs to be colored! If you want to, feel free!)
Crayons

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Ivor1
Beautiful,

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
A giant boy teaches his little friend a trick.
Balancing act

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
A giant boy comes to the beach and helps his little friends build a great sand castle!
Building a sand castle

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
Brobdingnag ScoutsThe Scouts wondered why they set up camp near the big meadow instead of by the lake. The answer was soon obvious as two Scouts from Brobdingnag showed up! It was going to be a camp out that they'd never forget.

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Ivor1
Awesome drawings.

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
Don't worry -- he's just curious!
Balloon

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Ivor1
Nice one.

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Beautiful art!

Re: Friendly Young Giants

Philby
The giant boy is curious about this tiny town. He seems friendly and steps carefully. A few go to the rooftops to see him, but a two or three story building doesn't even come close enough.

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
About a dozen years ago, a fellow named BookGuy became posting stories about giants who took Earthlings as pets for their children. This was done by secret arrangement with Earth governments. The pets wetre called "Little Friends" and he had a Yahoo group by that name. There was nothing sexual about the stories; BookGuy just liked the fantasy, I drew several mouse drawings for him, which he posted in the group.
Then he just disappeared. The group was closed down, and I have never found the stories anywhere else. I had them saved, but through various computer crashes and such, I've lost them. They were told from the point of view of the little pet, and concerned his relationship with his owner and the care he received through several episodes.
Anyway, I'm going to post the three drawings I did for him. Some I've re-done in traditional media, but these were drawn with the mouse at a time when I did not have a scanner.
First one: A Giant and his little pet playing with building blocks.
LF- house

Continuing the "Little Friends" series: At the beach with a Little Friend.
sandcastle

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
The last of the "Little Friends" series, all drawn with the mouse. Although the giants stayed in their own world, and Earthlings were sent through a dimensional gateway device to become "Little Friends", I did speculate on a giant boy coming through to our world. Notice the shirt he has on, with its special pocket for carrying his Little Friend with him. This scene was not part of BookGuy's stories, but he liked it nevertheless.
I've often wondered what happened to him. Yahoo's closing his group may have scared him off from continuing the fantasy; he may have died. I don't know. I've asked if anyone else remembers the stories or BookGuy's fate, but so far, nothing. As it was more than a decade ago, I doubt anyone will ever know now.
Anyway -- here's the last drawing.
giant boy in the city

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

We're happy to see your beautiful art here! Thank you Philby!

Who could resist an invitation to play with a friendly young giant? Lots of playground equipment on one warm, living package! King of the mountain!
playtime 1

Re: Friendly Young Giants -- The "Little Friends" Stories

Philby
Still more playtime. Everyone is invited. Lots of giant boy for all!
playtime 2
1234